At James, we subscribe to the leading website analytical platform, called Brightedge, and we use it to increase the rankings of our clients’ websites.
Brightedge used to be so prohibitively expensive that only major online players like Amazon could justify the cost. In fact, 8 of the 10 largest online retailers and 55% of the Fortune 100 use the platform to improve their websites’ rankings. The price has come down, but the service is still darn expensive, and we can only justify its cost because we manage over 100 law firm websites.
What It Can Do For Your Website
Imagine you engage us to increase the number of qualified prospects who find and contact your firm through your website. Brightedge gives us an instant, in-depth analysis of the performance of every page on your site and how to improve it:
- For each of the most important keywords, Brightedge compares the daily ranking of your site versus your closest competitors.
- For each page on your site, Brightedge tracks visits, Facebook likes and shares, tweets, backlinks, search volume, and page authority.
- Most important, Brightedge gives us specific recommendations for improving the ranking of each page on your site for multiple keywords and strategies, including on-page, internal links, backlinks, and social engagement.
Brightedge’s big value comes from instantly telling us which pages need what work for which keywords. Maybe the page title needs to be shortened, or the keyword needs to appear in the H1 (initial header) tags, in the alt (descriptive) text of the image tags, or in the meta description.
Brightedge helps both us and the client track progress weekly. For each page on your site, it shows:
- Whether visits are up or down this week, and by how much
- How many backlinks exist
- The number of Facebook likes and shares
- The number of tweets
Week by week, Brightedge also charts how many keywords for which your site is ranked on page one of Google. The big goal, of course, is to continually increase the number.
Brightedge lists the number of errors on your site, and categorizes them, so we can start fixing the high-impact errors first. Here is the list for one site we recently began managing:
129 Severe errors
73 Missing H1 (initial header) tags
56 Duplicate page title
814 Moderate errors
108 Missing or empty meta description tag
80 Page title too short or too long
310 Slow response time
316 Too many outbound internal links
Want Our Help?
If you have a tech-savvy online marketer on staff, and a big marketing budget, you may be able to justify Brightedge’s cost and implement its more technical recommendations.
If not, and you want to take advantage of Brightedge’s page-by-page recommendations for improving your website’s rankings and traffic, we can do it for most law firms for $1,500/month. Large marketers will cost more.