Does your law firm have a Facebook page yet? If not, here are some tips and tricks to create your Facebook page:
1. Customize Your Page URL
Customizing your Facebook page URL is essential for SEO. If your URL is the generated jumble of numbers Facebook provided, your law firm won’t surface when someone searches for it. Having a customized URL gives your business more credibility and can be taken more seriously. Here are some steps to changing your Facebook Page URL (this can only be done once your Page has 25 or more fans).
Go into your “Page Settings,” click on “Edit Page” and then select “Update Public Info.”
- 1. Go into your “Page Settings,” click on “Edit Page” and then select “Update Public Info.”
- 2. Click on “Basic Information” in the left column, and below “Username,” click on “Change Username.”
- 3. Enter your desired vanity URL. Then click on “Check Availability” to make sure it hasn’t already been taken.
- 4. If it is available, a box like this will appear — click on “Confirm” to finalize your URL change. Congrats!
2. Choose a thumbnail and a cover that reflects your brand
Images help tremendously in establishing brand. That is why choosing a thumbnail and a cover photo is extremely important because it is a first impression and what a Facebook user can walk away with when visiting your page. Choose a photo that best reflects your services and even a logo (if you have one).
3. Ask people to “Like” your page in Marketing Materials
This one is easy. Before re-ordering a new batch of fliers, brochures, and other marketing material, have the material edited by adding a “Like our Facebook” page somewhere on there and provide a link to your website if it hasn’t already been done. This provides an opportunity for potential clients to learn more about you and allows them to engage with your online community.
Developing and implementing a robust social media campaign for your law firm takes a great deal of time, effort, and know-how. If you’re busy and don’t have the time we offer social media management for your law firm.
**The instructional material on Customize your Page URL is from Mashable.com