As you’ve all heard, the long-awaited Google+ business pages are now alive and well. Though many social media early adopters are already “so over” G+, the release of the business pages has, in many ways, reinvigorated my interest in the social media platform.
Five Reasons to Get on the G+ Bandwagon
1. Circles: Sending precisely segmented updates to your followers.
2. Page-based social interaction: On Facebook, you can only “tag” people if you, personally, are friends with them. On Google+, once someone has “circled” your business, you can directly mention them in a status update (and “circle” them back!). This provides greater flexibility in terms of sending messages to individual page followers–and having them noticed.
3. Google’s button: Because Google has their fingers in everything from search to videos to blogging, the button has more reach than Facebook’s button. In addition, the is augmenting search and turning it social. So, you know someone recommended a particular site to you, but you can’t remember…oh, yes you can, because Google shows you in the search results which of your connections ’d it!
4. Google Direct Connect: Insert a brilliant snippet of code into your website, and when someone searches for they’ll be taken directly to your G+ page.
5. The future of search: The two search engines with the most traffic are Google and YouTube. You want search result power? Then it’s time to side with the search powerhouses.
Want to see a page in action? Visit James Publishing on G+