Marketers are always looking for the next big trend, and never more so than at the beginning of a new year when they’re outlining their annual strategy. Producing great content still reigns supreme this year in terms of branding your practice, engaging audiences, and establishing yourself and your firm as experts, but there’s also room to spruce up your online legal marketing plan. Don’t miss out on these two big ideas making waves on the marketing scene.
Episodic content capitalizes on readers’ love of suspense and the power of scarcity. Instead of releasing content all at once, episodic content focuses on producing content in multiple parts. This keeps readers anxiously awaiting the next installment.
To take advantage of this strategy, write an elongated post and break it into smaller parts, releasing one each week. Or, explore a different element of a multi-faceted topic every week. For instance, a bankruptcy law firm could create a series on understanding the different types of bankruptcy and which is best for the reader. A divorce and family law practice might want to explore the ins and outs of childrearing in separate households including parenting plans, visitation schedules, and best practices for conflict management.
When employing this legal marketing tactic, remember to:
- Tease upcoming articles
- Hyperlink to past articles in the bodies of later posts
- Mention promotions or special offers within relevant posts
- Encourage readers to sign up for your email newsletter to receive more great content
- Include “share to social media” buttons: Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Download our free bonus content and learn what marketing efforts are working for these 3 law firms.
This legal marketing approach is a way of communicating directly with individual consumers based upon their specific actions and preferences. Ideally, it promotes a constructive conversation between law firms and clients, and creates a much more powerful relationship than traditional marketing geared toward a wide audience.
Interactive legal marketing could take many forms, such as:
- An interactive website for a large, multi-service law firm that funnels visitors to the right contact information or portion of the website depending on their needs, e.g., a visitor clicks the “personal injury” tab and then is prompted to click either “injured on the job” or “injured outside of work,” followed by further questions and prompts such as “injured within the past month” or “injured more than 1 month ago,” etc.
- An interactive blog page that pops up article suggestions based upon the posts read by each particular visitor
Try Out New Trends
The beginning of a new year is a great time to try on fresh legal marketing trends for size and determine whether they work for your firm. Who knows—you could discover an innovative way to reach your ideal audience and make this year your best one yet.
No time for blogging? We can produce custom content for your firm—contact us now!